Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New art by Daemion Elias George-Cox (insert giddy, gleeful girly sounds)

Well hello!  Look below what I found on my FB wall!

It's an artwork by Daemion Elias George-Cox, who had previously done a variant costume almost two years ago.  Just like the last time that he did an artwork of me, this one also came out of the blue.  And I tell you, I love nice surprises like this!  Apparently what prompted this artwork is the fact that I've had the same profile pic for awhile.  Has it been really that long since I rotated out my profile pic?  LOL

During the time that I've been FB friends with Daemion, I've watched his artwork progress from awesome to - well, more awesome!  I really enjoy it when he posts new artworks to his FB wall, and they're a real treat, especially when he switches from one art style to another like I would change shoes and continues to amaze.  And now, I get to see myself done the Damo style!  Whoohoo!

Check out this art.  I love the fact that the face doesn't look drawn, it looks sculpted!  And the hair is so thick and flowing that I feel like I could run my fingers through it.  And the earrings are lovely!  What I find so fascinating about this is that it looks like a frozen piece of animation.  I'm waiting for the eyes to blink and for the hair to move like the wind is blowing in the face.  Oh, and for the earrings to be moving to the wind, dangling and sparkling as the sun hits it at the right angles.   It's like he snapped a photograph of me as I stood there posing.  I love it!

But along with that is the use of negative space around the cleavage hole in my costume.  This gives the artwork a touch of elegance.  You have that white hairband at the top being balanced by the white negative space at the bottom of the artwork.  And the shoulders frame the cleavage hole so that it doesn't look like it's just floating out there.  Folks, you are looking at a lesson in art in the use of negative space! 

Daemion, thank you SO much, my friend.  I'm genuinely flattered that you would do this for me.  It is my sincere prayer that you get all that you aim for in your art career.  You so deserve it!  (By the way, is it me, or does your name seem to get longer each time I see it? LOL)

And now to post this to my FB album!  :-D


No comments: