Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good news and bad news

First, the good news: Power is now back on at my house! I am once again surrounded by the soft hum of modern technology. Ahhhh....

Now the bad news: One of the pieces of modern technology that is NOT humming - is my computer! This is the one with all of my blog notes! When the power was coming back on briefly last week, we had a power surge that burnt out 5 light bulbs and one TV. At the time, I hadn't checked my computer, but now apparently it was another surge victim.

Thing is, that computer was connected to a surge protector power strip! Even odder, the printer - which was NOT plugged into the surge protector, but WAS plugged into the same wall socket as the surge protector - DOES still work. Theoretically, it is the printer that should be burned out, not the computer.

Fortunately, it's an older computer - from 2002, so it's not like I lost a top-of-the-line model. But still, it had a lot of files in it that I still need! The only good news coming out of this is that I now have an excuse to buy a new computer! :-)

So anyway, this affects the start of my comic in May, which has now been pushed back from the start of May to maybe the middle. If it takes longer than that, I'll let you know. But the goal is still to start in May one way or the other, setback or not. I'm also going to have to rebuild my notes on the busty superhero chicks that I once had on that computer. I'll try to resume those on Monday starting with Felicia Hardy, aka the Black Cat.

What is still on schedule for the beginning of May is my first appearance. THAT will still come, so that you all will know what I look like.

So anyway, that's the situation for me, kiddies. Bear with me and send those prayers or at least your good thoughts and well wishes my way.

I'll keep you all updated. :-)

BSC

No comments: