Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The other artwork by Rocio Zucchi! WHOOHOOOOO!!!!

Okay, guys....

CHECK


THIS


OUT!!!!









Ain't this awesome??? I SO love it! Like last time, this most wonderful and creative work comes from the creative hands of the lovely and talented Rocio Zucchi!

What Rocio has done is captured my love of unaided flight.  Yes friends, of all my superhuman powers, I love flying the most.  Sometimes, when I'm up in the air like that, I'll tumble around just to feel the breeze blowing through my hair.  Rocio has taken that particular moment -

- and frozen it!  AWESOME!!!

Ha!  Now would be a good time to answer some questions that I've had about flying.  One, I don't know exactly how it is that I fly.  Superhuman scientists have studied the phenomena of a flyer's ability to fly to theorize how those without wings or visible means of propulsion (like rocket or jet engines) are yet still able to take flight.

Part of the answer to that question seems to lie in the other trait that is common to all flyers, and that is that we all have some sort of telekinetic shield surrounding us when we fly.  It's semi-permeable, which it would have to be so that we could breathe while we fly, but there's enough there to protect us from the rigors of unaided flight - specifically wind resistance.  While flying, the wind I feel is not nearly as strong as it should be when flying at the speeds that I do.  It should feel like a hurricane, but instead it feels like a gentle breeze.

The existence of this telekinetic shield seems to indicate that flyers fly by a limited form of telekinesis; that is, we move ourselves with our minds.  The really odd thing about this is that there are almost no true telekinetics (TKs from here on) who can fly like I do!  For some reason, true TKs can move all kinds of objects with their mind - even multiple objects at a time - but when it comes to moving themselves, the most they can do is move themselves like chess pieces on a chess board.  It takes a great deal of their concentration to lift themselves up, move themselves, and most importantly, to set themselves back down *without* injuring themselves.  TKs have to practice a lot when moving themselves (and others) without causing injury. 

Superhuman scientists theorize that the reason flyers can fly with their limited form of telekinesis while those with true TK can't fly is because a flyer's telekinesis is solely dedicated to flight, while a true TK's power is not.  This means that when I fly, my flight power takes over like a sort of automatic pilot.  For a true TK, however, to make themselves move through the air, they have to be actively concentrating on themselves the whole time to keep themselves aloft.  Now imagine trying to do that to go long distances.

Ah, and one more thing:  Flyers seem to have a sort of radar that tells them how fast they are going and how far away from the ground that they are.  This seems to also be related to their limited telekinesis, and it's important to have so that we can fly, change directions, adjust our speed, and most importantly, to land.  All that takes practice, by the way, and my first few landings, I hit the ground like a meteor!  Fortunately, my flight power's shields protected me somewhat, although I did get bumps and bruises (which my healing power took care of).

True TKs, however, do not have that radar, so they can't sense how far away they are from the ground.  Yes, TKs have sight, but sight is a poor judge of distance in the ways that matter.  The best way I can explain it is that TKs can't "feel" the distance between themselves and the ground, while a flyer with their limited telekinesis can, via the "radar" that comes with their power.  So the higher up that TKs lift themselves, the greater the difficulty it is to land without injury because of their inability to sense the distance from the ground that they are, so "hopping" is the most that TKs will generally do, and only when necessary. 

This should take care of most of the questions that I've gotten about my flight power.  Thanks again, Rocio, for another excellent work of art!  Now to take to the skies!  WHOOHOOOO!!!!

No comments: