Friday, December 3, 2010

Me? A drill sargent therapist? LOL



I've been told more than a few times that my personality is a lot like the drill sargent therapist in this commercial!

Well, they say that I care about others and their problems, but I don't have a lot of patience with people who are what I call "professional whiners", like that guy in the commercial who says that yellow makes him sad. Had it been me who was told that, I would have said, "So do you get depressed every time you piss, dude?"

I will admit that I could use a little more diplomacy when it comes to talking to such people, but maybe part of their problem is that they haven't had someone in their life to just lay it on the line for them by telling them that there are more important problems to worry about than what color makes them sad. In other words, there's being patient and tolerant, and then there's enabling, and when you think about it, we do a LOT more enabling in our society than we believe.

I guess you might say that this makes me the "bad cop" in the classic "good cop/bad cop" interrogation scenario! X-D LOL

No comments: