Wednesday, December 2, 2009

So how much of a comics fangirl am I?

I didn't intend to do another Q&A so soon, but I thought I'd go ahead and answer this question that came by e-mail: How much of a comics fangirl am I?

I am enough of a comics fangirl that I visit the comic shop on Wednesdays, and I almost always buy SOMEthing. Rare is it that a given Wednesday will go by that no comic interests me - perhaps three weeks out of the regular 52 week year, if that. And most of the time, I buy at least two, usually three, and more often than not I buy 4 or more.

Currently most of the comics I buy are DC. If I had to put a percentage of which comics company I buy in a given year, a rough estimate would be about 60% DC, 39% Marvel, and 1% other/independent. Only in recent years have I kept the comics that I intend to keep in one of those long cardboard comics boxes, and I have five such boxes right now.

So how about the rest of you? What are your comic buying habits?

No comments: