Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My take on federal funding of Planned Parenthood

It's time now for me to give my take on whether federal funds should go to Planned Parenthood.  For those who know me, they probably assumed that I am against it, seeing as how I'm pro-life.  And they would be right!  What they don't quite know is how I can be opposed to something they consider so paramount to a woman's rights; especially a woman's right to choose (which always means "choose abortion" and not giving birth). 

Well, it's simple, as I'm about to explain.  This fight over the federal budget is over what gets cut and what doesn't.   Cutting federal funding to PP is a no-brainer, and after I explain why, you should be on board with me on this regardless of where you stand on the abortion issue.   So here's my take:

PP is not a federal agency nor a department of the federal goverment; it's a for-profit entity.   That is, they're in business to make money.  Lots of it.  Were my liberal friends not so lock-step with legalized abortion, they'd see how PP is exactly one of those evil blood-sucking profit mill corporations that they hate so much.  This fight should be a no-brainer to them, but so far my efforts have proven futile in trying to show that to them. 

There is another reason to oppose giving federal funds to PP:  One of the arguments to fund PP is that they provide women's services not related to abortion.  BUT, isn't that what Obamacare is going to do?  For my liberal friends I ask this question:  Isn't giving funds to PP for services that one of their cherished government clinics could provide demonstrate a lack of faith of what Obamacare can do for those women?  You believe in Obama and his health care initiative, don't you? Well, if you support precious public funds to go to PP instead of Obamacare, then I have to question your faith in Obamacare.

Consideration also must be given to this question:  Theoretically, PP - because it is a private institution - can turn anyone away.  Has any news media checked on them to see if PP turns away any women in poverty?  Has any news media checked their books to see how they spend our tax money?  Theoretically, since PP is taking federal funds, then they have to open their books for our inspection, just to make sure they are on the up-and-up.  And recall that transparency was one of Obama's promises; so I say it's time to shine the light on PP and what they do with our funds.  I challenge any of the news media to look into how PP uses our money.  If you have that much faith in PP, then this should not be a problem for you.  

If, however, they investigate PP and discover that they are misusing our funds, then it's all the more reason to see that our funds are taken away from them and put into Obamacare so that the women in poverty (that are alleged to be the reason for keeping the federal funding of PP) will receive the medical aid that they need. 

So, my liberal friends, if you are truly honest with yourself, you'll have to admit that I'm right about all this.  So why are you just sitting there?  Call your local news media and have them look into PP's books!  There are women in poverty out there whose very lives could depend on your efforts to find out the truth!

This has been a FMFLLFs update.

No comments: