Friday, April 8, 2011

What's next? Incorporate my boobs?

I've been asked enough times in the past couple days to comment on the website, Incorporate My Uterus, that I'm going to do that now.

First, before anyone starts "correcting" my "misunderstanding" of the point that the website is trying to make, let me say now that I get the point, so don't waste your time. :-)

Yeah, I get that a lot; others - specifically liberals - trying to "clarify" things for me as if I were stupid when I don't fall in line automatically with whatever belief system is being touted or cleverly expressed, as in this Incorporate My Uterus campaign.

The thing is, when I was a teen and well into my adulthood, I was told over and over how critically important it is that we don't let men reduce us women into just tits and ass. Whenever we are reduced to objects or body parts, then we lose our identity, as the line goes. And yet, as demonstrated in this campaign, it's apparently acceptable if liberals reduce us to body parts.

So with that, my take is that when liberals reduce us to body parts, then they only show themselves to be hypocrites. Either it's wrong all the time to be reduced to body parts, or it's not. There can be no exceptions made just because the one doing the reducing happens to be one of the "good guys". I am more than my uterus, just as I am more than my tits and ass.

So my response to the creators of this campaign is this: Stay consistent with the message of respecting the whole woman, because it goes for you just as much as it does for those you oppose. No matter how cleverly done a campaign may be, reducing a woman to her uterus is just as bad as her being reduced to her tits and ass, and all the creators will have accomplished is to make asses of themselves.

No comments: