Monday, February 13, 2012

Starting next week, I'll be taking an extended break

Hello, all!

Just wanted to let you all know that starting next week, I'll be taking an extended break.  And now, here's the thing that's going to be the toughest part of all this: I'll be away from both blogging AND Facebook.  Why?  A couple of reasons. 

One, beginning in March, I will have been blogging for 4 years!  Never did I imagine that I would write this long!  What started out as an experiment on whether a conservative superhero could write a blog has taken me into directions that I never imagined - including posting on Facebook!  Along the way, it's been a fun and wild ride. 

However my friends, my personal life is taking its toll on my online life.  I simply have so much going on in real life that I didn't have when I first started writing, and now I really need to take care of it.  Don't worry - it's nothing bad; in fact, it's the good kind of "busy".  But it's "busy" nonetheless, and I don't want the quality of my work to suffer as a result, so after having given this some thought, I decided that I am going to take a break from writing both here and on Facebook.  How long?  That's related to the second part of why I am taking a break.

My last day both here and on Facebook will be Tuesday of next week (February 21), which is the day before Ash Wednesday.  After that, I will step away from both to - I'm afraid I'm gonna have to sound cliche here! - "recharge my batteries" and also to see where I've gone so far with my writing, and where I would like to go.  My goal is to take the whole Lenten season away from my blog and Facebook, and to return on the week of Easter Sunday, which is April 8th. 

So part of my reason for taking this extended break is spiritual.  It's a Christian custom to give up something for Lent as a way to reflect on the priorities of our lives, and I have chosen this to give up.  As you might guess, this was not an easy decision - which is one of the points of Lenten sacrifices!  If it were easy to give up, then I wouldn't learn anything!  I will definitely miss the writing and checking out your comments and updates on Facebook.  In fact, I hope the time away will help me appreciate all the more of what I do here with my writing. And of course, I hope you will miss me.  ;-)

In the interim, I will work on other projects that I've been setting aside for too long, and of course I will devote more time for prayer and meditation.  I will be praying for you all, and I hope that you will pray for me.  In 40 days time, I then hope to come back here refreshed and energized! 

I will try to post at least a couple of times before Fat Tuesday rolls around, and I'll also be available on Facebook during this time.  While I'm away, and if you really need to contact me, then I'll be checking my e-mail at least once a week.  My e-mail address is:  bustyherochick@yahoo.com

Anyway, thanks again friends, for being one of my readers, and thanks for putting up with me on Facebook.   I can't tell you how much you all have enriched my life.  :-)

No comments: