Friday, February 3, 2012

This is fer realz: My thanks to my liberal friends!

Yes, you read that right!

I am publicly thanking all of my liberal friends and readers to my blog!  I also thank all of my liberal Facebook friends for continuing to be my FB friends even after I've posted my non-liberal views both here and on FB.

So why am I saying all this now?  It's because I came across a FB notice asking if I wanted someone to be my FB friend.  I thought "That person already is my FB friend!"  But when I checked my list of FB friends, I saw that she was not.  So what happened?  Most likely, I got de-friended over a non-liberal comment that I made at that time.

See friends, this has happened to me over the time that I've been on FB.  The number of my friends has gone up and down over the months and years that I've been on FB.  It happens, and it's not unexpected, because I've gone through this in the course of my real life.

Most of you who are regular readers to my FB page and to my blog know that I've made mention that I was born and raised by baby boomer Marxist parents.  Now, be sure you understand that: I don't mean that they were just liberals - these people were hard-core liberals - Marxists!  In other words, I've gone through more liberal teachings in my life than most of you probably ever will! 

And yet, I have chosen to reject nearly all of it to become very conservative.  So conservative that I am a Christian (non-denominational, although because of my Greek heritage, my family history has been of the Greek Orthodox faith) and I am prolife.  So in other words, I am a conservative Christian prolifer born of atheist Marxist prochoicers.  How is this possible, you ask?  Well, why not?  If my parents could be raised in the very establishment Republican 1950s and choose to reject it, then why can't a child of hippies choose to reject her own parents' views and attitudes? 

So why am I bringing up all of this?  Two reasons:

One, some of my readers - mainly new readers - don't know all this about me yet, so once in a while I bring that up about me so that they get the context of my upbringing and why I am the way I am now.

And two, it's so that you understand that when I say "thank you" for still being my FB friend even though you know this about me, you'll know that I mean it.

Don't get me wrong:  I'm not apologizing for being a Christian prolife conservative - that ain't gonna change, baby!  No, I'm just glad to see that those liberal friends who stay on as my FB friends are able to appreciate me and my writings and humor to stay on as my FB friends.

Those who dump me over non-liberal comments that I've made show that they don't have the strength of character and convictions when it comes to their own views, so they dump me the minute that I challenge them.  Well, that's something that they'll have to deal with on their own.

I'll admit that I exploit my knowledge of the liberal mindset and their views to take apart their arguments like an engineering student takes apart a toaster.  I'm like that, because I believe liberalism is that bad for this country, and for the world.  But it doesn't mean that I'm out against any of you liberals personally.  

No, I enjoy the company of most liberals, and many of them are even my friends, both in real life and on my online life.  Unlike those who would dump me for expressing my views, I'm able to separate the person from their views.  And if you're still my friend even after I've picked apart your liberal views, then you're able to make that separation as well of me and my conservative views.

If this world is ever going to turn itself around and get back on the path of peace and prosperity, then it's going to need more people like us.

So again, thank you, friends!

No comments: