Thursday, June 3, 2010

I totally understand what Monica is saying

In today's Wapsi Square, Monica explains her acceptance and even appreciation of her large boobs. And she's right about what she says that smaller busted women can wear a lot of stuff that big busted women can't; at least not without looking ridiculous or being called a slut. There are simply some outfits that do not look good on me because of my proportions; however, there are outfits that DO look good on me, and the thing is, that's how it is with all women - and not just the busty ones! LOL

Appearance for women in our society is way, way overemphasized, if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I like dressing up, but look how many products and media there are dedicated just to women's appearance? One glaring example: How many grooms flip through a groom's magazine that they bought from a magazine rack? Are there even groom's magazines out there? Nearly all that you find are catalogs from tuxedo rental shops. But how many bridal mags are there? So why do bridal mags so totally and thoroughly dominate the wedding attire magazine market? Because the bride is expected to look absolutely, stunningly beautiful.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, by the way; but when you consider all the pressure society puts on women to always, always look like a high fashion model at all times, then it's no wonder so many women and girls suffer self-esteem issues over their looks. I just think that there has to be a better way to do things, that's all. Well, Monica has inspired me to write about my own experiences of what I went through growing up busty, so I'll work on that and try to post it tomorrow or next week. So guys, what do you tell the ladies in your life when they start complaining about their looks? I'm kinda curious now.


No comments: