Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dressing as me for Halloween? Hmm...

I got at least one question in real life about this, and it made me think that maybe there might be others. I don't think there would be that many more, since I'm not that well known yet (I like to tell others that I'm famous, but no one knows it yet). That question is, "If I wanted to dress like Andromeda for Halloween, what sort of outfit and the like would I need?" So with that, here's my best attempt to create an Andromeda costume short of making it yourself (which you are welcome to do, of course).

White stretch headband:




















White cheerleader briefs
















Boots: Colint Stuart Stretch Wedge Boots - $98

































As for the top and the skirt, I had to do some research, and I think I found something that will work. Got to this site, and you'll find this top:



































That white top is perfect, and if any of you are seamstresses, then you can cut out the chevron-shaped cleavage hole.

That site also has the white skirt, called a Trendsetter Short Skirt:

































So far this is all looking better than I expected. Not cheap, but still a pretty decent looking version of my costume. As for the bracers of my costume, you could go fancy with some leather bracers, or you can find some long sleeve brown gloves. Just make sure that they match the brown in the boots, because all the brown portions of my costume match. I also have some upper arm bracers that go over my biceps, and those can be just some simple brown cloth.

I don't wear any jewelry while in costume other than earrings, and those are just simple white triangles, and perhaps your local accessories store will have those. Okay, you got this far, and you're looking pretty good! Now to finish this off!

To get the cleavage I show, you'll need some padding to push your boobs up. How much padding you need depends, of course, on your cup size, but you do need to look like you have big, pushed-up boobs, and not merely pushed-up boobs. In other words, for this you will need not a push-up bra, but a regular bra with padding.

And last is the smiley-face on the boob. You can find a temporary tattoo or use yellow clown make-up with a black clown make-up pen to make the eyes and smile. You can also get a permanent tattoo, but that's entirely up to you. I am not about to ask anyone to do something like that!

So! With that, you should have a pretty good and convincing version of my costume. By my rough estimates, you are easily looking at $200+ here, so it's entirely up to you if you want to go through the trouble and expense to look like a busty superhero chick who is not well known yet.

However, if you do - please PLEASE send me pics of you in the costume! I would love love LOVE to see how it turns out! I'll also post it here, of course! If you have any questions about any of this, feel free to ask me.

If you go out in my costume, most likely others will think you're supposed to be a cheerleader rather than a superhero. You are free to add a white "Lone Ranger" mask if it helps to convey the image of "superhero". But if you send me pics of you in my costume, please send pics with and without the mask.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... I wonder if anybody would truly dress you as you for Halloween?

Busty Superhero Chick said...

Well, the one who asked about the costume in the first place said that it was more than she could afford, especially since I'm not that well known right now! So it probably will only be me who dresses as me this Halloween. Sigh. Maybe next Halloween...

Anonymous said...

The good news is that you would be "self advertising" your blog & developing web comic by dressing up. I'm curious. As an agent of the U.S. Department of Superhuman Studies, would your normal attire be your standard Super heroine costume, or woman "power suit" (e.g. CIA, FBI, Pentagon)?

Busty Superhero Chick said...

The woman's "power suit" is for the times in which I am meeting someone not in my role as superhero, but officially as an agent or superhuman representative of the DSS. The costume is my official uniform for the times I am doing the superhero thing, but sometimes I wear that instead of the power suit. It really depends if the event calls for me to be a representative of the DSS as an agent or as The Mighty Andromeda. By the way, the DSS had been working on a more formal superhero costume, but ever since the change of hands at the White House, how much the DSS will be budgeted for has been up in the air, so the formal superhero attire is still up in the air. See, even superheroes have to deal with budgets! The formal costume is still going to be a functional fighting uniform, because as you know, the bad guys ALWAYS attack during times such as those!