Friday, May 21, 2010

Tonner Dolls of DC Stars

Interesting! Check this site out! Tonner Dolls: DC Stars

It appears that superheroes are branching out into a brand of dolls that are higher priced that your little cheapie action figures. I wonder if these will eventually become collector's items like Effanbie dolls or Madame Alexander dolls? It probably would have to be a woman who both appreciates finer dolls as well as enjoys the superhero genre. While I appreciate the superhero genre, I am not so much into the fancier dolls. Barbie was mostly what I had played with, along with Star Wars action figures, Transformers, and GI Joe (there were female Joes and Cobra, in case you had forgotten).

Below is the Wonder Woman doll. I think they did a very good job on it. You know - I might get at least that one. They're freakin' expensive, but I might splurge for at least one. I hope one day that my likeness is created into a Tonner doll. That would be so awesome, especially if they can detail it right down to the smiley face on my boob. :-)

No comments: