Friday, August 1, 2008

From the mailbag: Adam Hughes art

This is going to be the start of a regular feature I'll call "From the mailbag". These will be from e-mails that I've been sent. Usually they ask questions about superheroing or being a superhero, but other times they'll send art - especially if it's about boobs. A few are a bit - how shall we say - risque, but some are cute.

The art below is by an artist named Adam Hughes. Hughes is one artist that I'd LOVE for him to draw me. Amanda Conner is the other (you saw some of her work in the previous blog entry).





















Isn't it cute? This art is also an example of how simple pencil art can be SO expressive. With just a few lines, he's managed to give the feeling of depth and volume and shape and form. Power Girl looks like she's really messing with quite a handful (two handfuls, actually) keeping the "ladies" from - ahem - busting out. In addition to PG, he's also known for drawing Wonder Woman and Catwoman - but judging by all the sketches of PG that I've seen, he seems to hold a special place in his heart for her. Awwwww.....

Anyway, if any of you know Adam Hughes or Amanda Conner, let them know that I'd like them to do a drawing of me. Or if Adam or Amanda happen to be reading my blog - give it some thought - pleeeeease??? I'll be your best friend if you did! :-D

No comments: