Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Roman Polanski deserves prison. Period.

I am taking a brief break from my blog re-do to state something that has been on my mind lately, and it's the defense of Roman Polanski over his crime of drugging then raping and sodomizing a 13 year old. The thing is, I wanted to offer an example that no one would deny is wrong. But damn, if that many people can't see how wrong the rape and sodomizing of a 13 year is, then what other example could I provide that could best illustrate how evil it was what Polanski did?

Yes, I said it was an evil act. That's a moral judgment, so sue me. Just understand that I am not judging his soul - only God can do that - but this act; this one heinous act. And let me re-emphasize that what Polanski did was a CRIME. It wasn't a mere lapse in judgment. His ass deserves prison, along with the rest of him. My kudos to a Salon columnist who really lays it on the line.

What I also found rather shocking is when I tried to look up the feminist response to this. I checked the National Organization for Women website, but I didn't find a mention on it. I also checked Google News and Yahoo! News and did searches there for "Polanski" and "feminist" (and "feminists"), but only bloggers are listed on Google and nothing on Yahoo! Surely there is an official feminist response to this, because we are talking the rape of a child here.

If any of you happen to find something that gives an official feminist reaction to this story, please send it to me. Anything less than an outright condemnation from feminists of Polanski and the need for justice to be done will not only show feminists to be hypocrites, but traitors to their gender. I would think that if feminists were true to their calling, then it would have taken nothing to find many hits for searches of feminist reactions to Polanski's crime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think there is any "official" feminist response to Roman Polanski besides from the bloggers. Google has the most advanced Search Engine Optimization on the World Wide Web.

I do agree that raping children is wrong and am glad Roman got what he deserved.