Friday, February 18, 2011

A symbol for our generation?

I've mentioned previously about our generation; that is, those of us in our 20's who are the children of Baby Boomers. Something I've been considering ever since is this: What shall we call ourselves?

Yes, I know we've been called Generation Y (because we are the generation after Generation X), and also the Millennials because we are the first generation to be adults in the new millennium, and even sometimes called the Baby Boomlet since most of us are the children of Baby Boomers.

However, I say that we reject whatever name others may want to call us; especially names that try to identify or associate us with another generation. We are our own generation, dammit! Let's instead control our own destiny and chart our own course, and we start that by coming up with our own name.

And of course, I have an idea for a possible name! Or perhaps it's more accurate to say that I have an idea for a symbol for our generation. And that symbol is the worgen race of the MMORPG, World of Warcraft. How does the Worgen Generation sound? Why the worgen? That answer, my friends, will come next week. :-)

No comments: